Wednesday, May 14, 2008

San Francisco Web 2.0 Expo

I watched a video posted on the Librarian in Black blog and found it fascinating as well as informative. It was 15 minutes with Clay Shirky. He expounded on how Social Networking is akin to the Industrial Revolution and gave me a better understanding about the importance of Web. 2.0. I decided to explore to see if there were other videos on the San Francisco Web 2.0 Expo site and there are. I couldn't stop watching. I was enchanted. All that I have watched were 10 to 15 minutes of very interesting and useful nuggets of info. There are things like how Google catches spam (not email spam), WordPress, Photophlow, Videophlow, Dash and on and on and on. Not just what they do, but why and how. I can't wait to find the time to watch the rest.

When you go to the site click on Video of Keynote Presentations. Warning: Prepare to spend more than a little time there.

No comments: